THE CX PROJECT IS SUPPORTED BY
CX Project Vision
The evolving CX Vision
- A vision for the Future of Chapelcross
The high level CX programme objectives are to:
- Support the development of green energy production, storage and distribution solutions
- Make a significant contribution to the UK and Scottish Government’s net-zero targets.
- Create a large-scale mixed-use employment site for Borderlands with significant wider economic and policy impacts
- Maintain 100% beneficial use of the site over the full decommissioning period (in line with Energy Act 2004) and beyond.
The CX Pillars are:
- Green Energy & Net Zero Industry Cluster
- Sustainable Agriculture/Aquaculture & Food
- Clean Mobility & Logistics
- Education, Skills & Training for the Just Transition
- Digital Connectivity and Data Services’